The Tall Ships Canada Association, with the support of the Sail Training International Canada Legacy Fund, and in partnership with the Association of Sail Training Associations (UK) is pleased to announce the application period for a funded youth sail training voyage to be held from July 13-23, 2019 aboard the “Ocean Scout” in Norway.
The eligible Canadian youth(s) will receive:
- A 10 night voyage aboard the 19m Class C Ketch, “Ocean Scout” from July 13-23, Fredrikstad to Bergen.
- Return airfare from their nearest major airport in Canada to Norway, and ground transportation from Oslo to the vessel embarking in Fredrikstad.
- Ground transportation from disembarkation in Bergen to Oslo.
*all other costs and expenses are the sole responsibility of the participant(s).
Criteria for Participation
To be eligible to participate, all applicants:
- Must be a Canadian citizen.
- Must be between 18 and 25 years old as of July 1, 2019.
- Must have a valid passport and related travel documents.
- Your application must be supported with a reference by a bona fide community/youth organisation, or registered charity. Some examples include: Rotary / Rotarac, Boys and Girls Clubs, Girl Guides / Scouts Canada, 4H, Sail Training Organisations.
- Preference will be given to candidates who represent vulnerable and/or at-risk populations, and who would not otherwise obtain such an opportunity (must demonstrate need).
- Must produce an illustrated report of about 400 words, upon your return, of your exchange experience, suitable for publication by TSCA.
- Must be prepared to speak about your experience at a TSCA or TSCA-member function.
How to apply:
- In a letter to the TSCA, explain why you feel you would be the best person to represent Tall Ships Canada overseas and why you should be selected.
- Include information about your interest in the Sail Training experience, your age, contact details, and demonstrate your need.
- Also provide a reference from your supporting youth organization.
- Don’t forget to include your date of birth, e-mail address and mobile phone number.
- Send your application to TSCA at: firstname.lastname@example.org marking the application as ‘International Sail Training Candidate’.
Deadline for Applications:
May 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and interviewed during the period of June 1 through June 14, with selection announced on or after June 15.
Should you have any further questions, please contact the TSCA office at: email@example.com